Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Day After the End

Well, yesterday was my final day at Borders. I handed over my keys, and went to get a drink, or two. It was sad to see the store after it was ripped apart. It was a great store, and I will miss it.

So, today started at 3:30 am for me. My friend joined me for the pilgrimage to Turn the Page Bookstore and Cafe in Boonsboro, MD. This is the store that is owned by Nora Roberts' husband, Bruce. I love making the trek out to see all the friends that I have made over the years. The signings are held a few times a year in February, April (WRW Retreat), July (Anniversary), September, October/November and December, depending on the release schedule. If you are ever in the area, this is a must go to spot! The staff is awesome, and you get your chance to meet the amazing Nora Roberts!

So, I picked up the gals, and started on the three hour tour, uh, I mean car ride. We arrived in Boonsboro around 9:00 am. We waited in line until the store opened at 10. We went in, got our ticket, bought our books, then headed to lunch. I bought the new JD Robb - New York to Dallas - even though I have read it already, the book is flipping fantabulous! I also bought two books by Jeanne Adams - she is really awesome! I also picked up a JD Robb thermal mug and lunch bag.

After lunch we went to the signing to get in line. We patiently waited our turn in line. As I get to Nora, she looks up and sees that I am wearing my Borders fleece, it was quite chilly. She gives me the pout and says she is very sorry that I lost my job. My friends, who also worked at Borders, were teasing me, and She told them to leave me alone. So of course I was throwing around the "Nora said to stop picking on me". Gotta love Nora!

So, we make the drive home after having an awesome time chilling with the TTP gang. You will never find better people than the people you meet at TTP.

All in all it was a great first day without a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment