Saturday, September 10, 2011

The End is Near...And Shoes!

We received the store closing date. It is on Thursday, September 15th. I will have been a Borders employee for 5 years and 1 day. I am both sad and happy. I am sad, because I will miss the store, the customers and my coworkers. I am happy because it will be the end of the liquidation! This process is horrible! I do not wish it on anyone. It sucks the fun out of everything!

On a happier note, I received three pairs of shoes yesterday!! It was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled in to one. The first is a pair of short boots in cabernet. It is a deep wine color, that matches the new handbag that I bought. They are so cute! There is a rounded toe with a stacked 3" heel. I cannot wait to wear them. The second pair is a pair of Kenneth Cole flats. I am addicted to anything Kenneth Cole. Probably my favorite shoe designer. The flats are like a pewter with black and peep toe. These are going to look so great with jeans and even capri's for a little while. The third, and my favorite, pair is a nude platform. Again, by Kenneth Cole. There is a 4" stacked heel with the platform stacked as well. Rounded toe and leather. Everyone woman/girl should own a pair of nude heels. This is a great fashion trick, with the shoe being nude, it blends with your skin tone, and gives the appearance of a longer leg. And who doesn't want longer legs!

Well that is all for now! I will be back tomorrow with some book chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment